54 teachers struck off in 2015 for sexual misconduct with pupils including kissing, sexting and sleeping with them (England)
- 54 teachers banned for sexual misconduct in the year to May 15
- Some touched pupils inappropriately, had sex with them and had babies
- A maths teacher forced teenage girl to sign 50 Shades style 'slave contract'
- Others sent 'sexts' to students or pursued them on Facebook or Twitter
- Teachers convicted of sex offences were given automatic, permanent bans
- Teachers convicted of sex offences were given automatic, permanent bans from working in schools
- Teachers may in some cases be struck off by a tribunal even if they are cleared in court.